Masters in Counseling Psychology, Texas A & M university-Commerce, Texas, 1991
Post Graduate Studies in Play and Parent Therapy, University of North Texas, 1992-3
PhD Studies in Family Systems, Texas Women's University, 1997-9
I have been in a practicing psychotherapist treating adults, children, families and couples for trauma, depression, anxiety, addictions, and a wide array of family and relationship issues since 1991. My experience also includes work with many hospitals providing Emergency Room Crisis and Drug Interventions and psychological assessments for all ages.
Prior to this I taught elementary, middle school and high school students in North Texas. I was honored by being picked to be a Crisis and Drug interventionist, and worked with hundreds of students and families, helping them navigate difficult family events and crises.
Public Speaking and Consulting:
I have spoken as an expert on child abuse, domestic violence, relationships, and trauma to schools, churches, organizations, and various media venues including TV and radio stations both locally and nationally. I have worked as a consultant for the Red Cross and NBC during times of national disasters including the Oklahoma City Bombing, Columbine, and Hurricane Katrina.
1. Studies and supervision with Dr. Garry Landreth, one of the founders of the American Play Therapy movement in the U.S., 1992-1993
2. Studies and supervision with Dr. Colin Ross, international expert and author in treatment of Post Trauma Stress Disorder, and complex trauma treatments, 991-1992
3. Studies and supervision with Dr. Robert Troth, addictions specialist and addictions professor, and co-founder of the Johnson Institute for Addiction treatment in Texas, 1990
4. Studies in Family Therapy with Dr. Robert Littlefield, from Texas Women's University, Psychologist Emeritus for the state of Texas, 1997-1999
5. Studies with Dr. Albert Ellis, creator of Rational Emotive Therapy, 1992-1995
6. Study of Imago Therapy with Dr. Harville Hendrix, author of "Getting The Love You Want", 1998
7. EMDR training-Level I & II with Dr. Francine Shapiro, founder of EMDR therapy, 1996
8. Critical Incident Stress Management, National and International Certification, Dallas, Texas, 2006
9. Certified Hypnotherapist. 2015, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Ron Klein, M.C.S., NBCCH ,Certified Hypnotherapist, Coach and NLP Trainer, American Hypnosis Training Academy, 2015
Barbara Reade, MS, LCPC
If you have a life threatening emergency please call 911 immediately!